HONG KONG, Feb. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- PR Newswire releases 2017 edition of the Thailand media landscape white paper in conjunction with Infoquest, its strategic news partner in Thailand. This is the third edition of the Thailand media landscape white paper since it was first launched in 2015. The aim of such media landscape white paper is to provide useful insights and information for navigating through the myriad of local media channels. The paper covers the latest trends on Thais media consumption habits and new updates on local medium channels such as print, broadcasting, news agency, online, social media, and search engines.
Thailand Media Landscape White Paper - 2017 Edition
The white paper is now available for free download.
Some of the key findings in the paper include the followings:
Transitioning from published hard copy to online sources
- The changes in lifestyle, the arrival of social media and other online media, and economic status were factors that contribute to changes in reading habits in Thailand. Online networking and social media have provided more reading sources for the Thai people.
- The value of newspaper advertising has declined significantly while spending on internet advertising is on the rise. Editorial headcounts and new hiring were put to a halt for many small newspapers publishers, while others including the well-established publishers ceased operations.
- The digital age has modernized the production of magazines - from traditional print edition sold on magazine racks to digital e-magazines
News agencies play a vital role as producers and distributors of news content
- More Thai people are accessing the social media of news websites and getting news via news apps. However, news from mainstream media receives the highest rating for trustworthiness.
- Online news from official news agencies is the most trusted source, follow by online news shared by friends.
- News agencies are relying on technology and providing more in-depth analysis and investigative content to stand out from their competition.
Room for growth for broadcasting media
- Although traditional radio is easy to access, growing numbers of people have shifted to online radio as 4G technology has made listening to online radio easier, more convenient and smoother than before.
- Radio compared favorably with other above-the-line media like analog and digital TV, which saw advertising spending decline.
- Viewership and ratings for digital TV are rising, however advertising revenue is still lagging behind analog TV.
The Internet remains the most popular medium in Thailand
- The majority of Thais access the internet via mobile phones for an average of six hours per day and the most popular activity is communicating via social media.
- YouTube, Facebook and LINE are the top three most used social media platforms by Gen Y/Gen Z Thais. LINE is most popular among Baby Boomers and Gen X.
- Thai online shoppers lead the world in direct purchase via social media channels, ahead of India and China.
- Google has a monopoly in Thailand's search engine market and more investments were put into running search engines advertising in 2016, as compared to previous years when most businesses paid little attention to it.
For more information about the white paper, please contact:
Asia Pacific Marketing Team
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire, a Cision company, is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms and distribution that marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers leverage to engage key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry over 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content -- and then distribute and measure results. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire powers the stories of organizations around the world. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific regions.
Cision is a leading global media intelligence company, serving the complete workflow of today's communication professionals.
Photo - http://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20170209/8521700757
Logo - http://photos.prnasia.com/prnh/20160617/8521603993LOGO-d