DKSH Expands E-commerce Activities in Asia

DKSH today announced the acquisition of a majority stake in Shanghai Sweets International (eSweets), a fast-growing Chinese online distributor of premium consumer goods, based in Shanghai. DKSH creates value for the company's clients and customers, thereby directly contributing to DKSH's growth.
DKSH Holding Limited
2016-09-06 13:00 4866

ZURICH, Sept. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- DKSH (SIX: DKSH), the leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on Asia, further strengthens its online activities. As announced today, DKSH has acquired a majority stake of Shanghai-based eSweets.

With sound profitability, eSweets employs around 55 specialists, primarily in marketing and sales related functions. DKSH acquires a 51% equity stake in eSweets and has the option to purchase the remaining 49% within the next two years. Both parties have agreed not to disclose any financial details of the transaction.

eSweets was founded in 2007 in Shanghai and is a fast-growing distributor of premium consumer goods in China. The company focuses on e-commerce for brands in the premium segment such as Lindt, Storck, Bahlsen, Barilla, Illy Coffee or the popular chocolate truffles De Fei Si.

By taking a majority stake in eSweets, DKSH further drives the strategic expansion of its e-commerce activities. At the end of 2015, DKSH invested in aCommerce, the leading e-commerce solutions provider in South East Asia.

Dr. Joerg Wolle, President & CEO, DKSH, on the acquisition: "For quite some time, in a strategic and targeted way, DKSH has been expanding its activities in the online segment, further creating value for our clients and customers. Wherever we create or satisfy demand, DKSH actively secures and expands its presence. At the same time, targeted suitable acquisitions support our successful strategy of sustainable profitable growth."

James Ge, Founder of eSweets, added: "China is the world's biggest and fastest-growing e-commerce market and we see tremendous growth potential for clients in the online channels. DKSH's strong sales and marketing expertise, its resources and its long-term relationships with leading clients will significantly support our business. Together, we are able to offer matching Market Expansion Services in China and Hong Kong to our clients."

About DKSH

DKSH is the leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on Asia. As the term "Market Expansion Services" suggests, DKSH helps other companies and brands to grow their business in new or existing markets. Publicly listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange since 2012, DKSH is a global company headquartered in Zurich. With 770 business locations in 36 countries -- 740 of them in Asia -- and 28,300 specialized staff, DKSH generated net sales of CHF 10.1 billion in 2015. DKSH was founded in 1865. With strong Swiss heritage, the company has a long tradition of doing business in and with Asia and is deeply rooted in communities and businesses across Asia Pacific.

DKSH Business Unit Consumer Goods is Asia's leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on fast moving consumer goods, food services, luxury goods, fashion and lifestyle products, as well as hair and skin cosmetics. The Business Unit's comprehensive Market Expansion Services extend from product feasibility studies and registration to importation, customs clearance, marketing and merchandising, sales, warehousing, capillary physical distribution, invoicing, cash collection and after-sales services. With 680 business locations in 20 countries and around 14,770 specialized staff, Business Unit Consumer Goods serves 310,000 retail outlets on a daily basis and generated net sales of CHF 3.9 billion in 2015.

Source: DKSH Holding Limited
Related Stocks: